We had Elizabeth's nine-month check-up today. She didn't fuss at all, except oh so briefly for her vaccination. The doctor says she's growing just fine. She was 28.5 inches long (75% percentile) and weighed 18 pounds 12 ounces (50% percentile). I think her head circumference was closer to 90%, which explains why she has already outgrown most of her 12-month shirts!
Some of Elizabeth's recently acquired skills are
1) banging two objects together
2) clapping (sort of)
3) making a clicking sound with her tongue (This is the sound effect that I make when I point to clocks, which incidentally are Elizabeth's OBSESSION at the moment.)
4) looking down when she hears uh-oh, and looking at certain objects when she hears their names
5) removing all of the blocks from our block stacker toy that we got in Germany
6) making a jumping gesture when we count down from 9, in anticipation of "blasting off"
I think this is a good time to list some of Vanessa's newly acquired skills too (none of which I am sure I am happy about):
1) being able to unscrew the cap of my toothpaste and other containers
2) being able to blow bubbles with a bubble wand (see number 1 for why this is a concern)
3) being able to use a pencil-box type pencil sharpener
4) being able to pull the foil off the top of a cup of yogurt
5) being able to jump down off of something a foot high (as opposed to stepping or sliding off it)
6) being able to balance small objects on her head